InstagramFollow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Total Pageviews

Follow Me

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Stocking Surprise Day 13!!

* Christmas Stocking Surprise Day 13!*
Some people consider the number "13" to be unlucky.   Myself, I have not ever given it much thought. I don't recall that anything bad has ever happened to me based on the number 13.  I would like to dispel the superstition but I have bigger fish to fry today.  

Here we are the day before the Christmas Stocking Surprise Giveaway ends.  We have one sponsor left to discuss.  Now being last is not necessarily the worst place to be as I have found you will usually retain the last information fed to you longer then any other you might have had previously.  So without further mindless chatter, it is with great pleasure to introduce my newest sponsor, 

Marie Bostwick is a New York Times best-selling historical and contemporary fiction author. 

Marie is the author of several books that once you start reading you won't want to stop for anything.  Below, I have copied part of Marie's bio from her page. She has an interesting novelette right here in her bio, I think so anyway. 

* "On the path to becoming a novelist, Marie Bostwick worked in the bean fields of Oregon, sang and danced in musical productions, acted in TV commercials, taught religion to deaf children, ran an event-planning business, worked as the scheduler for a U.S. Senator and directed women’s ministries for a large church. But as diverse and enriching as these experiences were, it was a conversation with a stranger that pointed Marie toward her true calling."   With her third book, ON WINGS OF THE MORNING, going into its fourth printing, Marie stopped to tell the story of a day in 1994. Then the mother to three active young sons, Marie went on a much-needed vacation to a resort with some girlfriends. While there, she decided to attend a writer’s workshop, “not from any desire to become a writer,” she said, “but as a way to avoid playing tennis with my friends." 
To read more about Marie and where that "writer's workshop" led her and why, go here * Marie Bostwick

Today Marie lives in Connecticut with Brad, her husband of twenty-eight years, and their one son still in high school. When not writing or volunteering for her church, she enjoys quilting, watching movies and sipping tea on the front porch with her friends and spending time with her family. She was the featured speaker at the Paducah Quilt Festival in April 2010.

I love Marie's writing style and of course with some of the books she has written having a quilt theme, of course I was hooked immediately.  She tells the story so well that you might begin to feel like you are right in there with her characters. Now that is a good read as far as I am concerned.
Marie, when you agreed to be a sponsor of my blog, I couldn't stop smiling for days, wait, I still smile when I think about it.  I love your books and can't wait for each new one to come out.  Is it possible for you to write just a bit faster and longer each day to meet my reading needs? :o)  Seriously though, I would love to have 1/10th of your talent. I can't imagine what I could be with a little talent and imagination.  I may have to do some online classes about writing to see if I have a potential or not.  Most likely "not" although I did ACE public speaking and writing in college.

Marie can be found at http://mariebostwick.com/ where she offers a wealth of information and fun to readers, writers and quilters.

Oh, sorry guys and gals, just got lost in the pipe dream. Back on track, uh ummmm the Christmas Stocking Surprise Giveaway. I suppose I should tell you that I hate the stocking I have made and am seriously considering doing another........
Today's Mandatory Entries ARE:
1.  Like Marie on Facebook  Leave her a "shout out" that I sent you and comment here that you did.
2.  What is the title of Marie's 3rd book?  Leave a comment here.
3.   Name one author that Marie has teamed up with in a published book.  Leave a comment here
Extra Entries:
1.  What book are you currently reading?  Leave a comment
2.  Tell me are you done with Christmas Shopping, still shopping or haven't even started.  Comment
3.  When is your birthday?
That's it for today kiddos.  Tomorrow will be recap day and last chance to make sure you did all the mandatory entries. 
Once again "Good Luck To You All".  

Jeanne




 Sponsors:
Martingale Publishing:                                            
Fat Quarter Shop:                                                      
Aurifil Thread:                                                           
Patches Place:                                                            
Paula Gsell:                                                                
Prairie Point Junction:                                                
Marie Bostwick:                                                       
Amanda Murphy Design:                                          
Missouri Star Quilt Company:                                  
Fiskars:                                                                      
The Learning Curve~Quilts and Such:      Total:   $500.00 + in items being given away.