But more importantly, I know you are all so
How's about we start a giveaway today?? Oh, really, well I hear you all "sqeeeeing" so here you are........wait, you have to learn something new about the heart today first.
Teaching Your Young Child How, When and Why They Should Call 9-1-1
Because we are women and we are the controlling factor of our children, it is important that from as early on as you think it is feasible, teach your children to use the phone for a 9-1-1 emergency, when to use the phone, who to call, what to say and most importantly where they are when they make the call. So here is a good check list and some advice on how to teach them.
1. Teach them to state their name and address at the beginning of the call.
2. Teach them when to call and why.
3. Post right next to the phone the number to dial and the address of your home in large print so you child will remember to follow these steps. Now you are saying "why would I have to write "9-1-1" when it is so obvious what to dial. These are small children who become very scared when something is wrong with "mom" and they can't function as an adult might. So it is imperative that we teach them.
4. Hook up with your 9-1-1 operator to do a couple of practice runs or there are other ways of letting them practice the drill without taking the time away from the Emergency Responders. We practiced when my parents were at our home and used an open line or in house line to call from one phone to the next. Have them dial 9-1-1 while the line is open, the responding party (gram or gramp or dad) will answer the call as such
"9-1-1 operator, what is your emergency?
Child: My name is Smart Heart and I live at 1313 Locust street. My mom is on the floor and won't wake up and she sounds funny,
9-1-1 Operator: blah blah
Stuart: blah blah blah
and practice this at least once a month. Things happen and we need the kiddo's prepared.
Now to that giveaway.......
My shining sponsor, Fat Quarter Shop, has generously given me a Always And Forever Petite Fat Quarter Bundle Deb Strain for Moda Fabrics Always And Forever Petite Fat Quarter Bundle includes 12 fat quarters. Thank you Kimberly and Stefanie, ya'll rock. I think this fabric bundle is so appropriate and suits the occasion so well.
There are only 2 things to do today to be entered to win. .....
1. Post me a picture here of something red you have made, It doesn't have to be all red but some red in it makes it red. Leave a comment here telling me about the picture.
2. Blog, tweet, or post on facebook about this giveaway and something about heart health in women, include a link back to this post and a link back to Fat Quarter Shop. Leave a comment with a link to whatever venue you used to tell people.
That's all kiddos except this giveaway will run from today, February 8th through next Thursday February 16th and the winner will be picked Friday.
I "heart" you all!!!
Jeanne who is getting ready to go to Plant City Florida and take pictures to share with ya'll later today.