InstagramFollow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Total Pageviews

Follow Me

Sunday, March 16, 2014

From Rags to Riches

I found these little blocks in a bag of rags and just had to put them together.  First I washed them in a lingerie bag, gave them a good pressing, and sewed them together.  You can see where the pinwheels don't match up but I didn't want to change a thing about them.  I imagine a little girl made these and they were put aside and forgotten and someone just pitched them in the rags.  Well those rags are my riches and now I have a sweet little quilt with a made up story.  The backing is from my vintage floral stash.  I just love it.  The only thing is I wish I had hand-quilted it but it was so crooked, I was a bit intimidated.  

What did you do National Quilting Day?





3 comments:

  1. Hi! I did a little bit of sewing for National quilting day. I am using my scraps to make a picnic/car quilt for my sister and her kids. I am using all the odd pieces from left over from quilts I have made. I am having a blast doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea and a great story Jeanne! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Come on in and sit a spell. I am always up for company. Leave a note to let me know you were here. PS: Coffee pot is on