2. Although he was in his early 40's my so finally graduated from College!
3. I love to buy things for my granddaughter and grandson all through the year and maybe it is for school and maybe it isn't, but as the "grandma" I can get away with it!!
4. No, pushing, shoving, yelling, badgering, money beggin', lost books, dog ate my homework, "it's his fault", "Mom, where is my ???", softball practices, basketball practices, band practices, "I'm going to ???'s house and will be home later" (later has a broad meaning to a 16 year old), need gas money, have a date, can I, can we, and the ever famous "I Don't Want To Get Up" and "Mooooooooom"!!!
5. Coffee on the back deck with my sweetie and the wildlife.
6. Sleeping in because "I Don't Want To Get Up"!
But on the other hand it is a bittersweet deal when I hear the school bus pass the house I feel lonesome,
hearing the kids play while waiting on the bus,
mom's and dad's gathering up to chat while waiting with the kids,
cub scouts, boy scouts,
kazoo's honking and going to the Blue and Gold Cub Scout banquet and listening to one of the young men playing "The Entertainer" on the piano only to find out it is your son and not having a clue he could play the piano (we didn't have a piano, so where did he learn this? It is still a mystery to me).
Yep, there are times when I still miss being a mom to my little boys, but they are great men now and I am so proud of them.
Chuck and Sherry
Kevin and Cyndia
So for all you mom's out there sending your kiddos off to school, treasure the moment, cry your tears, laugh with joy and always be there for your kids, you will have wonderful memories too. AND, you will survive, I promise!
Keep a watch out for the giveaways to start........now what shall I give away this time? I have a thought, we shall see if it works , no Lego this time out!!! What would you like most to have as a gift?