InstagramFollow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Total Pageviews

Follow Me

Friday, March 18, 2011

Frantic Frightening Friday

Once ya'll get to know me better you will find out that when I love something/someone, it is with my whole being. There are no conditions and no half-way points, it is either all the way or nothing with the love I give.  This afternoon, Steve (my hubs) asked me to check my best buds face cause he thought it was swollen. Immediately I am all over that dog as not only is he my pet, he is my best bud.  I don't know how I ever got along without him and don't know what I would do if I had too.   Sure enough he has a lump on the right side of his face right between his eye and ear.  It started out about like a marble and when 2 hours later it was like a small donuts hole, he was on his way to the vet.  He has an abscess that has to be lanced and drained tomorrow then sutured closed.  The vet wanted to do it tonight and of course I said "no" I don't leave my dog anywhere unless it is with my son and grandson.  So he got put to the top of the list of the "Red Book" which apparently means that he is to be done first thing when surgery starts at 12:30 and I will be able to get him back at 4:30.  We don't know what happened, it could have been a scrape against a stick, a piece of saw-brush could have cut him or he may have gotten bit by a spider.  He is doing okay tonight, I have had to hold him and finally got him to lay in his bed.  So have your pups send up puppy prayers for Maverick.  Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Come on in and sit a spell. I am always up for company. Leave a note to let me know you were here. PS: Coffee pot is on